Saturday, January 14, 2012

Earring-a-Day Challenge!

Well, my first week in the earring-a-day challenge is complete. This week has been very eye-opening for me. As much as I love to wear earrings, I never really realized that I don't make a lot of earrings. In fact, these past few months I've been almost exclusively rings, bangles, and necklaces. I agreed to do this challenge, though, so I gave it the old college try. I didn't have a lot of time for crafting this week, so I mostly stuck with wire, beads, and components pieces. I'm hoping that this week coming I can get into some more complicated seed beading, but only time will tell.

Sunday's Style Challenge:

Here are the earrings I wanted to copy.


Here is my version.


These earth toned wheels add a bit of funkiness to any outfit.

Monday
I love blue goldstone. Looking for inspiration, I saw these rounds twinkling in my gemstone box and couldn't resist.

Tuesday

These simple beaded numbers were inspired by my friend's five year old son and the big box of mixed-up seed beads on my table.

 Wednesday
I had so much fun making these wire flowers. I don't have a jig, so I made them by hand. I love how delicate they are.

Thursday
These little numbers make me want to put on my salsa shoes. I love the flecks of color in the odd shaped black beads and the sparkle of the crystals.
 Friday

I wanted to work with wood on Friday. I think these simple little earrings have a nice air of whimsy.

Saturday


Saturday had me thinking of cool breezes and lightness. I love the different textures in these earring and the simplicity of the monochrome.

So, that's week one! On the whole I'm proud of myself just for completing the exercise. Stay tuned next week to see where this challenge leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment