Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Results of my latest beading challenge

I, like many artistic types, get burned out at times. It's very easy to do when you labor over a piece and see it collecting dust on a shelf. The market is full of amazing artisans, which is a beautiful thing. It can also make you feel like one in a crowd though. Trying to kick myself out of that feeling, I challenged myself to make a new piece every two days. Crazy! I know. That challenge was to end on July 31, but I think I'm gonna call it quits at the end of this week. It was fun, but a bit intense. Here are the results of the madness:
















Clockwise from left: Red Rose, Sun and Surf Cuff, Get Funky Necklace in Red and Turquoise, Huichol Poppy Earrings, Gold Head Band.

Please comment on the pieces. And please share any challenges that you've participated in. Did it help to kick start things for you, or was it just a pain?

2 comments:

  1. You are so right, it can be intimidating to see all the great artists out there! I love that you challenged yourself and LOVE your work!! I was just thinking about challenging myself to create a piece of jewelry every day for a week just to see what would come out of the time constraints and using what I have on hand...hmm..You have inspired me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, Thanks for following my blog. As for your challenge, I say go for it! I found that the projects that came out were simpler and smaller, but I loved the results. I also found myself pulling out larger beads and ribbon, which I always say I'll use, but don't ever quite get around to it.

    ReplyDelete