Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My First Exhibit as a Jewelry Artist


I have always considered myself to be a creative person. From a young age I made messes that you would not believe. It was only in my late 20's that I started recognizing my messes as art, and claiming the title of artist. I'm used to getting recognition for my poetry and photography, but I was shocked and delighted when a local artist group asked me to participate in an art show for my jewelry. It was just the boost I needed after feeling a little like I had "sold out" in order to sell my work. This presents an amazing opportunity to create some unique pieces that let me play. It also is a wonderful chance to be in the company of other local artists and be inspired by their work. I can't wait for the show. I will post some of the pieces that I'm planning to exhibit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment