Saturday, September 10, 2011

Beading Buddy

Living on a remote island in the Pacific makes you really value the connections you make with people. It can be a bit tricky being a beader out here, since there are no bead stores or workshops to be had. While the Marshallese do make amazing handicrafts, it's not quite the same as being in a community of people who do what you do. That said, I'm always looking for ways to reach out that are sort of out of the box. So, about a month ago I posted on beading daily that I was looking for a beading buddy that would be kinda like a pen pal for beads. A lovely woman, who I'll refer to as  M., took me up on my offer. We decided we would go with a fall theme for our first exchange. When I received her package in the mail, I was so excited.


Goodies!
I can't wait to get into the goodies that M. sent. Expect several posts of new stuff made with my new stuff :) I'm even more excited since many of the items she sent are things that I would never have bought for myself. Such a lovely challenge this will be. Thanks again M.!

How many of you out there have done a bead exchange before? What's your take?

No comments:

Post a Comment