Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dreamweaver

I've been thinking a lot about dreams and dreamers lately, and even wrote a pretty lengthy post about them over on my other blog Life Explorations. Many cultures have their ideas about dreams and how to manifest them, but I would say that no dream symbol is more well-know than the dream-catcher. According to Dream~Catchers.org, dream catchers originated in a time of nightmares. Their design came from an elder's vision of a spider's web attached to a hoop. This is pretty good tidings, since a vision, itself, is a sort of dream. The hoops were hung over beds to catch the bad dreams and let the good ones slip through.
Silver Lady Webs with Aquamarine embellishment
While my little dream catchers are not exactly the same as the original design, the intent is the same. We take in so much energy throughout our day, much of it negative. What better way to filter the bad and take in the good, than to hang dream catchers from our ears.

Night Sky Webs with Blue Aventurine embellishment
I had a great time make these, and also got to play with some embroidery floss and stones that I've been carrying around for quite some time.

For more dream-catcher earrings, check out my Facebook page.

If you've had any experiences with dream-catchers, please share them in the comment section below.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment